What does the charity do?
- We recycle your donated personal, educational, vocational and first aid items.
- Goods are sold in our charity shop to raise essential funds; items requested by groups in Africa are sorted and packed ready to send; the rest are recycled.
- We support small scale, sustainable self-help projects with known organisations.
How are we different from other charities?
- Every penny you give goes directly towards sending goods to Africa.
- We are run entirely by volunteers both in the UK & Africa. No salaries or fees are paid.
- Goods are shared amongst those with the greatest need, regardless of faith, religion, social status, ethnicity or gender by local organisers of proven ability and trust. Read about our work in our projects page
Trees for Christmas 2020 Our popular Christmas appeal returns for 2020 : Trees for Christmas for people in need on behalf of your loved ones. Please click the hypertext link, underlined grey text, to go to the page.
The CART Shop Now that national restrictions are changing, we’re delighted to be able to welcome you back to the CART shop. From Monday 10 May we have additional opening hours.
Opening hours for browsing and buying will be:
Monday Wednesday, Thursday & Friday 10am – 4pm
Tuesday 1pm – 4pm
Covid19 protection measures will remain in place. We may need to limit numbers inside the shop, you may need to queue. Please wear a mask and use hand sanitizer. Please DO NOT bring items for donation except by prior arrangement (details below).
We will gladly accept donations by arrangement. Please call us on the donation line to make an appointment: 07312 869064
Charity number: 803686