How is the charity different from others?
- There are no salaried staff. The charity is run entirely by volunteers both in the UK and Africa.
- Every penny you give goes directly towards sending goods to Africa.
- Administrative costs are covered by revenue from the charity shop or met by the Trustees.
- Goods are sent to relieve extreme poverty and to support development of education, vocational, medical and employment opportunities.
- Goods are distributed amongst the most needy, regardless of faith, religion, social status, ethnicity or gender, by local organisers of proven ability and trust.
- Distribution reports are sent back to the UK and shared with supporters through regular newsletters.
- Self-help projects are supported in Ghana, Malawi, Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda.
What does the charity do?
- The charity recycles your unwanted personal, educational, medical and commercial items.
- Some goods are sold in the charity shop to raise essential funds; others are sorted and packed to send to Africa; the remainder are recycled.
- The charity depends on you generosity to fund its programmes. It receives no grants.
- The charity supports small self help, sustainable projects with known and proven organisations.